• Musco Center is only available to rent by arts and education focused non-profit entities with demonstrable educational benefits to Chapman University students and the surrounding community.
• Reservation requests for Musco Center through August 1, 2019 are currently being accepted. Applications must be received a minimum of 120 days in advance of the planned event.
Requests for the 2019-20 Musco Center season (July 31, 2019 – August 1, 2020) will be accepted beginning April 1, 2019 after dates have been set for College of Performing Arts (CoPA), Musco Center Presents, University Executive, and Artistic Affiliate Use. These entities have priority during the Chapman University Academic Year – August 28-May 19 (excluding Mondays, Thanksgiving, Winter Break, Interterm, and Spring Break). Reservation requests by Other University Departments, University Recognized Organizations, and Non-University Rentals received at any point prior to or on April 1, 2019 will be randomly ranked for preference. There is no advantage to being the first person to submit a request prior to April 1 or to duplicate submissions. All requests received after April 1, 2019 will be considered in the order received.
• For University Departments other than CoPA, rehearsals, in general, may only be accommodated on the same day as the event. Non-University Users may elect to purchase an additional day, if available, for rehearsal and load-in at 1/2 the performance day rate.
• Musco Center accepts applications according to the following use priority and schedule:
Priority I: Chapman University’s College of Performing Arts – for the academic year only (priority ends November 15)
Priority II: Musco Center Presents and University Executive Use (priority ends March 15)
Priority III: University Departments & University Recognized Organizations (Reservations begin April 1)
Priority IV: Non-University Rentals (Reservations begin April 1)
• Once Chapman University’s priority uses have been scheduled, Musco Center is made available to Non-University organizations for purposes that are consistent with, or enhance the mission of, the University and are in the interest of the community. Musco Center reserves the right to define and determine the appropriateness of a request to use the facility, subject to review by University Administration, as some proposed activities and events may be inconsistent with the educational mission of the University and Musco Center. Events are chosen based on educational and cultural value, not maximization of profitability. There are, however, substantial costs and fees associated with the use of Musco Center that are the sole responsibility of Non-University Users.
• Musco Center seeks to accommodate the largest number of users while achieving its educational goals, financial obligations, and provide time for facility repair and maintenance. Therefore, submission of an application does not guarantee applicant a commitment of requested date. Review period for an application is 14 days from receipt. When requested date(s) are not available, Musco Center will attempt to accommodate on an alternative date. No more than two dates will be held.
• Musco Center does not accept Non-University bookings for religious or political events. Musco Center does not accept bookings for any weddings or wedding receptions. Musco Center can only accept high school aged (at minimum) youth groups associated with meritorious arts schools or programs.
If you are interested in hosting an event at Musco Center for the Arts, please contact email@example.com.